Homeowners gain peace of mind by carrying a mortgage life insurance policy
Getting a mortgage life insurance is the best choice to do when planning to buy a new home.
Where would the family live following the unexpected death of the primary wage earner? Would the family be able to continue in the current lifestyle?
Would the family’s future be placed at risk without life insurance coverage?
What is Mortgage Life Insurance?
A standard life insurance policy is considered in force as long as the premiums are paid. The person designated as the “insured” assigns a beneficiary who will receive full payment of the death benefit on the policy when the insured dies. The mortgage type of life insurance policy has some unique nuances.
- The death benefit amount decreases as the policy ages since the mortgage balance is being repaid over time.
- The premium amount is level throughout the policy term.
- The financial institution carrying the mortgage is named the beneficiary.
- Following the death of the insured, the death benefit is paid to the bank to repay the outstanding mortgage balance.
- The benefit to the survivors is a house that has been paid for and is free of a mortgage.
Coverage Offered with Every Mortgage
Financial institutions include forms in the closing papers for the home-buyer to sign. The life insurance forms offer sufficient coverage to repay the mortgage. Some policies will have a level death benefit for the first few years, and then the amount will decline.
Refusal of the coverage will require the home-buyer to sign a number of additional forms. This method provides prompts for the new homeowner to reconsider the purchase of life insurance that will benefit the bank.
Agreeing to purchase the life insurance coverage from the lender offers many convenient advantages.
- Convenience – At the closing table, an important detail is covered since life insurance coverage is purchased during the process.
- Disability or death – Receiving a diagnosis of terminal illness can result in full repayment of the mortgage obligation. Standard term life insurance policies do not offer this benefit.
- Minimal underwriting – Anyone with pre-existing medical conditions would qualify for this type of life insurance.
Acceptance of the first offer for life insurance removes the comparison shopping that is offered on mortgagelifeinsuranceonline.com. Anyone who has attempted to find online life insurance knows that many choices are available for the savvy shopper. Reputable lenders offer affordable rates for life insurance.
Homeowners must be aware that the bank will receive the death benefit on this life insurance policy. Additional life insurance policies must exist to cover the family’s needs.
Why Mortgage life insurance is Important?
According to familiy-life-insurance.net, homeowners are wise to consider the importance the home plays in the life of the family. The trauma of unexpected loss can be offset, to a certain extent, when the home is secured with a life insurance policy. The search for online life insurance will provide many different options in the quest to cover the needs of the family.
- Waiver premium – The insurance premium is covered if the primary wage earner becomes disabled. Life insurance coverage is sustained, and the mortgage will be repaid in full if the insured dies.
- Immediate payment – The lender will receive full payment more quickly than a standard death benefit is paid. Subsequent mortgage payments are not necessary after the death certificate has been sent to the lender.
- No health screening – Life insurance premiums are based on the mortality tables for each age group. Lenders do not require medical screenings for potential policyholders. This is advantageous for anyone with significant health concerns. Other insurance companies would refuse to underwrite the policy.
- Significant control – Primary wage earners worry that survivors will not carry out their wishes. This type of insurance will be paid to the lender, which ensures that the mortgage balance will be paid in full.
- Predictable term – Life insurance coverage will exist as long as the mortgage is outstanding. Cancellation does not occur as long as the premiums are paid. Most premiums are collected as part of the monthly mortgage payment.
Online Shopping Advantage
The best possible mortgage life insurance policies are located easily online. The savvy shopper will have a good idea of the coverage need prior to filling out webforms. Many advantages are offered to online insurance shoppers.
- Anonymity – Online insurance shopping allows the life insurance seeker to provide minimal personal details prior to contacting a preferred insurer. Personal information can be protected until the final three insurers are chosen.
- Wide variety – Different policy components are offered through insurance companies that specialize in life insurance. The shopper can read more about each option at his convenience.
- Comparison – Multiple quotes can be viewed concurrently to determine which option matches the shopper’s needs. Careful comparisons allow the potential policyholder to make personal decisions without pressure.
- Best policy – A life insurance policy that meets the policyholder’s needs will be the final result of the online shopping experience.